OUR PIVA IS YOUR PIVA
To ensure our diners feel safe and more importantly, are safe.
To deliver an exceptional culinary experience in an engaging and accepting environment for our guests.
The safety and well-being of our guests and employees is our top priority. As such, we are implementing the following safety measures:
Screening of all Staff & Guests
All Piva staff will have their temperature checked before entering Piva. Any staff or guest displaying flu- or cold-like symptoms will not be permitted to enter the restaurant.
Dedicated Cleaning Staff
We will have Guest Service Liaisons whose sole purpose is to ensure your table, chairs, menus, glassware and cutlery (served in a cloth napkin) have been properly cleaned prior to your dining experience.
Clean Washroom after Every Use
We will have a dedicated Guest Service Attendant, whose sole responsibility will be to clean each washroom after each use.
Our team will be ‘hands-off’ as much as possible, but will be available whenever you need us. We won’t be offended if you pour your beverages, but will gladly pour them for you.
Our kitchen team will pause every 20 minutes during dinner service and clean all kitchen surfaces; including the pass-through to the dining room.
Proper Safety Equipment
All staff, both kitchen and front of house, will be required to wear face masks. Fresh gloves are to be used when clearing tables.
A Fresh Start, Every Day
Prior to re-opening, we have installed new dispensers for soap, hand sanitizer and paper towels with limited touch points.
To mitigate airborne risk, we have invested in glass fixtures along the bar and the booths to act as protective barriers; in addition to this we have ensured all guests are properly spaced apart.
Thank for your patience during these challenging times. If there’s anything else we can do to make your dining experience more enjoyable, please let us know.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE SERVICE TEAM
- All Piva staff will have their temperature checked before entering Piva. Any staff or guest displaying flu- or cold-like symptoms will not be permitted to enter the restaurant.
- Masks will be worn by all of our service team members at all times.
- We will have 4 hand sanitizing stations in the restaurant and 1 hand sanitizing station on the patio.
- Our hostess team will greet you outside the front door and check on the status of your table. Your table will be sanitized from top to bottom including chairs and surrounding radius to ensure you are safe and sound.
- The hostess will seat you with your laminated sanitized menus and a disposable wine and cocktail list (we will ask prior to seating if you would like the wine and cocktail list).
- Our ‘Guest Services Attendant’ that will be dedicated to sanitizing the bathrooms every time one is used.
- Our ‘Guest Services Liaisons’ will be dedicated to sanitizing all consistent touch points through our restaurant and patio.
- We will ensure our team-members who clear items from your table will be in a fresh pair of gloves every time.
- The waiting area will be outside of the restaurant along the window with decals marked 6 feet apart.
- Customers who have ordered take-out will wait in their vehicle in the loading zone outside of Piva and a Piva staff member will deliver the take-out meals to the hood of the customer’s vehicle.
- Our entire team will be always be there for you; of course, standing a touch further back from your table than usual.
- Sanitized water glasses and cutlery (rolled in a cloth napkin) will be brought to your table along with water in a carafe. We won’t be offended if you pour your own beverages but we will gladly pour for you if you’d like us to.
- Our team will wear gloves while polishing and drying all glassware.
- All of our wines by the glass will be available in one 5 ounce size. We will pour your wine by the glass at the bar and deliver it to your table – your server/bartender will only touch the stem of the glass. Glasses will be placed on the edge of table.
- Bottles of wine will be opened on a wine cloth on your table. If you would like us to pour your wine, please let us know; if not, we will present your wine and let you be your own Sommelier.
- We will decant your wine upon request. Sanitized decanters will be available to you if you would like to decant your own.
- Our full wine list is available if you’d like; please ask your server or sommelier for a freshly sanitized copy.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE KITCHEN TEAM
- All kitchen members will have their temperature checked before entering Piva. Maximum temperature allowed is 37.5⁰C.
- The kitchen team will pause every 20 minutes during dinner service and sanitize all kitchen surfaces (including the ‘passthrough’ to the dining room.
- Kitchen utensils will be changed throughout service.
- Each Chef and cook will have their own knives – no sharing of knives in Piva’s kitchen.
- Masks will be worn by all of our kitchen team members at all times.
- Kitchen team members will wash their hands every time a sink is passed with washing instructions posted at all sinks.
- Measurements of all seasoning items has been incorporated into recipes so, kitchen team members will not taste any dishes.